You can configure the power options in Windows 7 such that your laptop automatically shuts down when it becomes unplugged. Here’s how to do it:
- Click Start and type Power Options in the search box. Press Enter.
- Click Change plan settings.
- Click the Change advanced power settings link.
- From the list, locate and expand the Battery option.
- Expand Low battery level. Change the On battery value to whatever you want.
- Expand Low battery action and change the On battery option to Shutdown.
- Click OK.