Word is reaching our ears of gays being allowed to be open in the military. A judge has rejected Obama’s ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell‘ argument, clearing the way (for the next appeal, no doubt). As of now, the military is allowing enlistment of the openly gay. Furthermore, some gay members of the military who were thrown out are trying to re-enlist.
Depending on how you look at it, it’s a really good time to be gay and in the military. Personally I don’t think it’s ever really a good time to be in the military but maybe that’s just me. As far as gays go, I figure they should be entitled to everything we straights are.
But I am wondering what the new military might look like after this starts happening…..
- The parades will certainly be more colorful
- Will there be entirely gay divisions?
- Hopefully our biggest war will be over the curtains in the barracks.
- Will there be a uniform redesign?
- Olive Drab to become Fabulous Fawn?
- Will straight soldiers feel left behind for promotions?
- The one straight brigade left will be called The Breeders.
- Will sorties be renamed swishies?
- Flannel tops!
- Will a chain reaction occur when the parade leader drops his baton?
- Will the butch women fight straight men over who has the bigger penis?
- Combat boots to be exchanged for loafers.
- Drop and give me ten will take on a whole new meaning.
- Three sets of latrines?
- You’re not wearing that gun with that shirt, are you?
- New theme song: In the Navy (Village People)
Questions, questions, questions….