A Lockergnome reader recently asked me how they could find their wireless MAC (Media Access Control) address in Windows 7. Here it is and the process is simple!
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows key + R on the keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd and press Enter. The Command Prompt window appears.
- Now you have two options:
- Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt. Under Wireless LAN Adapter, look for the physical (MAC) address.
- Type getmac at the command prompt. The command returns the physical (MAC) address.
[Photo above by Ian Muttoo / CC BY-ND 2.0]