I’ve mentioned this before and I’ll say it again, the To-Do Bar in Outlook is a great feature. When I open Outlook I can see at a glance what appointments and tasks I have coming up. To really make the To-Do Bar work for you, consider customizing it to meet your specific requirements. For example, I removed the Date Navigator because I only want to see my upcoming appointments and tasks.
To customize the To-Do Bar in Outlook 2010:
- While in Mail, Calendar, Contacts or Tasks, click the View tab.
- Within the Layout group, click To-Do Bar to open a drop-down menu.
- Select one or more of the following options:
- Click Date Navigator to see a calendar page in the To-Do Bar.
- Click Appointments to see upcoming appointment in the To-Do Bar.
- Click Task List to see your list of tasks in the To-Do Bar.