Word comes with standard styles but you can also create your own. In previous tips, I showed you how to create your own styles in various versions of Word.
If you create a style and no longer use it, you may want to get rid of it. The steps below outline how you can delete a style. Keep in mind that you can delete any style you create but you cannot delete any of the standard Word styles.
To delete a style in Word 2007:
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + S to open the Styles window.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the appropriate style.
- Click the drop down arrow that appears beside the style.
- Click Delete from the menu.
- Click Yes to confirm your actions.