In a previous tip, I showed you how to create an index in Word 2010. Once your index is created, it’s easy to mark text for indexing. First bookmark the text you want to index. Second, add an index entry for the bookmark. The specific steps are described below in more detail.
- Select the text you want to index. Click Insert and then click Bookmark.
- Type in a name for the bookmark and click Add.
- Place the cursor after the newly bookmarked text.
- Click References and then click Mark Entry.
- Type in a name to the main entry.
- If the text spans multiple pages, select Page Range, and select the Bookmark from the drop-down.
- Click Mark.