Dylan is talking today about his love of HootSuite as a Twitter client. He hates having to run extra apps and software on his machine, such as Adobe Air. HootSuite is nice and simple, and uses very little resources.
HootSuite touts itself as a social media dashboard, and not just a Twitter client. Manage multiple social networks, track your statistics and add team members to your account, right from within one simple interface.
There are even more goodies to be uncovered in this little program:
- Add custom link parameters for tracking clicks and gathering information on your audience.
- View, manage, schedule and post directly to your WordPress blog from HootSuite.
- See who’s following you and who you’re following, see their Klout score and manage your Lists.
- Upload images and files right into your messages. The files are instantly converted into super-short Owly links for space saving and easy sharing.
- Provide rich, nourishing content to your followers at any time of day using the HootSuite tweet scheduler.
- Know what Tweet your followers are replying to with our threaded conversation.
Which Twitter desktop client are you using, and why?
Thanks to Dylan for another excellent tutorial. Keep an eye out for a new video from him on our channels every Friday.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Download the video!