A home network allows you to share Internet connections, photos, video, music, game consoles, printers, and other electronic gadgets. This do-it-yourself guide shows you step by step how to create a wired or wireless network in your home.
In the For Dummies tradition of making technology less intimidating, Home Networking Do-It-Yourself For Dummies breaks down the process into easy steps with clear instructions.
- Increasing broadband speeds, cellular technology, the explosive growth of iPhone sales, and the new Home Group feature in Windows 7 all contribute to a booming interest in home networking
- This step-by-step guide walks do-it-yourselfers through the process of setting up a wired or wireless network with Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Demonstrates how to connect desktops or laptops, printers, a home server, a router, high-speed Internet access, a video game system, a telephone line, and entertainment peripherals
- Shows how to share files, music, and video, and connect to an iPhone
- Provides maintenance and troubleshooting tips
Home Networking Do-It-Yourself For Dummies enables you to take advantage of everything a home network can offer without hiring a technology wizard.