During this time of the year, many of you will be searching the Internet and local retail stores for the perfect gadget. In my case I have 5 gadgets that I will not be getting this year and I have listed the reasons why I don’t want them.
1. Microsoft Kinect for the Xbox 360. It is not because I don’t think that the Kinect is a great improvement which should be a great benefit to the Xbox. It is just because I have half of my retirement money invested in the Wii and Wii games.
2. 3D HDTV. Millions of us have invested our hard-earned money in HDTV without 3D. Are we supposed to throw out our new sets just to have the latest and greatest technology? Do we really need to watch our favorite sporting event in 3D?
3. Neato Robotic Vacuum. I was one of the first to buy a Roomba. I still have a box full of broken Roomba’s sitting in my garage. None of them were worth the cost and the bottom line was that none of them vacuumed very well to begin with.
4. Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse. I have another box in my garage filled with old mice. I am hoping they will mate and produce a really new baby mouse. I have spent enough money on mice in my computing career that I have no intention of spending $70 on another mouse that provides little or no benefit to the user.
5. Logitech Wireless Solar Powered Keyboard. Why would I want to spend $80 for any keyboard whether solar-powered or not? I use laptops only so fancy over priced keyboards are useless to me.
What gadgets are you hoping that Santa will place under your tree and that you can’t live without?