Microsoft has made viewers available for the different Office programs. A viewer simply allows you to view a file when you do not have the program used to create it installed.
There is a viewer available for PowerPoint 2007, which may come in handy if you need to deliver a presentation you created in PPT 2007 on a computer on which the program is not installed. If PPT 2007 is installed on your computer, you alreaday have the viewer. If not, you can download it from Microsoft Office Online.
Once the viewer is installed, you can package a presentation for CD (which includes both your presentation and the viewer) using the steps below:
- Open your PPT presentation.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, point to Publish, and click Package for CD.
- In the Package for CD dialog box, click Options, and then select the options that you want.
- Click Copy to Folder or Copy to CD.
- PowerPoint packages your presentation to the folder or CD.
You can now be assured that you will still be able to deliver your presentation, even if PPT 2007 is not installed.