Data Locker Inc., a leading developer of encrypted data storage products, announced the new Data Locker DL3, encrypted USB 3.0 portable hard drive at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Data Locker DL3 is billed as the most secure portable hard drive in the industry due to its 256 bit AES XTS mode full drive encryption, two factor authentication and patented touch screen authentication panel.
The Data Locker DL3 builds on the success of Data Locker’s previous award-winning personal secured storage devices that feature an enhanced touch screen, secure external USB hard drive with PIN-only access. The encryption and data management is performed at the device level and is completely platform and operating system independent, eliminating the need for any software and drivers.
“We’ve had considerable success with our Data Locker secure portable hard drives with the federal government and in business environments that require an easy to use and implement portable data security solution which is compatible with all operating systems and environments,” said Jay Kim, Founder and COO, Data Locker. “By launching the DL3 at CES, we believe there are a significant number of customers who can appreciate the amazing simplicity of our approach to securing their portable data.”
Additional features of Data Locker 3 include:
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- 256 bit AES XTS mode crypto engine
- Absolutely no drivers or software
- Two factor authentication with option RFID mode
- Up to 1 TB storage capacity
- Rapid key zeroization for secure redeployment
- Multi-lingual user interface
- Firmware-based anti-malware protection
- Self-destruct mode for brute force attack defense
- Randomized keypad to eliminate fingerprint-lifting and shoulder hacks
- Tamper evident enclosure
- Shock and drop resistant
Pricing and Availability
The Data Locker DL3 pricing starts at $299 and is available in 500GB, 1TB and 128GB SSD capacities. The unit will be available in March 2011.