Paltalk today announced the launch of Paltalk 10.0, the latest version of its real-time, video-based chat community. The Paltalk platform has been downloaded more than 70 million times, with more than 100,000 of those members chatting simultaneously at any given time. Building on this success, the new Paltalk 10.0 video chat platform boasts enhanced features and services for its users, including virtual gifts, YouTube functionality with PalTube and an enhanced user interface.
“When designing Paltalk 10.0, we listened to our user community and incorporated the types of social features they have already embraced on Facebook and other social networks,” said Jason Katz, CEO, Paltalk. “Users will find a sleek, intuitive interface and a host of new ways to interact socially, either through virtual gifts or sharing YouTube videos in real-time via video chat. We think our users will love the new features and that Paltalk 10.0 is indicative of the direction we are headed in 2011 and beyond.”
Major features of the latest iteration of Paltalk include:
- Virtual Gifts: Virtual gifts are fun animations that can be sent to other members of a chat room (check out one here). They are a great way to break the ice and start a conversation, or even just show someone you are interested in them. Personalize your virtual gift with an optional custom message to the giftee that will appear in the animation. Other members in the chat room will see that you gifted this person and what gift was sent. A small gift icon will be visible next to the receiver’s name for a short period of time. See a full list of gifts here.
- PalTube: Share YouTube links in a SuperIM and watch videos together, as well as co-browse the YouTube website without having to leave the IM window.
- New User interface: The revamped core user window, Pal List, makes Paltalk far simpler to use, less cluttered and incorporates members profile pictures. This also includes a new Chat Rooms area at the bottom of the Pal List, enabling users to conveniently find their personal chat room, favorite rooms, and Paltalk’s featured chat rooms online.
- Unicode text support (international text support): Additional support has been provided for Unicode (Latin and non-Latin accented characters) so that virtually all languages are displayed properly including Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- SuperIM URLs: Personalized links allow free 10 person video chat anywhere on the Web with any friend, regardless of whether they are a Paltalk member
Paltalk is the only video chat technology with the ability to scale for any size chat rooms (one-to-one or thousands-to-thousands) and has been downloaded more than 70 million times to date. Paltalk allows users to connect with friends or people they do not know on a variety of platforms, including chat rooms, one-on-one video IM and SuperIM, the company’s flagship instant messaging client that allows users to share video, audio and text with up to 10 people at any time for free.