Microsoft Office has its own Clipboard that lets you copy up to 24 items, both text and graphics, between Office documents or other programs. For example, you can copy data from an Excel spreadsheet and an image from a PowerPoint presentation and paste them into a document.
To turn on the Office Clipboard in Word 2007, on the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Clipboard Dialog Box Launcher.
To copy multiple items to the Office Clipboard and paste them into a document:
1. Open the file that you want to copy items from.
2. Select an item that you want to copy.
3. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Copy. Alternatively, press Ctrl + C.
4. Continue to copy each additional item either from the same file or other files. Remember, you can copy up to 24 items to the Office Clipboard. An entry for each item you copy is added to the Office Clipboard.
5. Switch to the document that you want to paste the clipboard items in to. Click where you want to paste the items.
6. To paste one item at a time, double click each item that you want to paste.
7. To paste all items in the Clipboard, click the Paste All button.