Here’s a time saving tip for those of you who use Outlook 2010!
One of the ways that I keep my Inbox organized is by filing messages. Instead of leaving email in my Inbox, I move them into different folders based on topic or sender. It makes it much simpler when I need to find a specific message. To move a message, simply right click the message, select Move to folder and select the destination folder.
There is an even easier way to move messages in Outlook 2010. In fact, you can mark a message as read and move it to the appropriate folder with a single click.
To move messages with one click in Outlook 2010:
- Within Outlook, click the Home tab.
- Under Quick Steps, click Create New.
- Under Choose Folder, select the folder to which you want to move the messages.
- Click Add Action.
- Under Choose an Action, select Mark as read.
- Optionally, you can select a keyboard shortcut under Shortcut Key and use the keyboard to move messages instead of a mouse click.
- Click Finish.
To move a message now, open or highlight the message. From the Home tab, under Quick Steps, click the action you just created. There’s a lot more you can do with Quick Steps in Outlook 2010. I highly recommend experimenting with it to find different ways that you can use them to make Outlook life easier and more efficient.