Google is making an attempt to crowdsource against spam with Personal Blacklist.
Personal Blacklist adds an option under any Google search result that lets users remove an entire website result from the search. Additionally, it adds a link at the bottom of the search results pages so you can still see the results that were blocked. Users can also manage the block list by clicking on the extension icon.
- To get started with the plugin, make sure you have downloaded and installed Google Chrome.
- After you have set up Google Chrome, go here to get the plugin.
- As soon as you have installed the plugin, you will get a red button on your Google Chrome toolbar. This is the populated list of websites that you have blocked.
- If you want to block a website, make a Google Search of anything that you want. Below the title and description you will see “Block [website]” to the right of the similar button. Click this to add the website to your block list and any website that is relevant to your block will be removed from the list.
- To remove or edit any blocked entry, select the red icon on the Chrome toolbar and all the blocked content will be populated into a list with easy remove/edit functions.