Just as a section heading belongs with a paragraph and a figure belongs with a caption, certain paragraphs belong with certain paragraphs. Throughout a document, there may be some paragraphs that you want to keep together from a flow perspective, instead of having them spread across multiple pages. Fortunately, Word makes it easy to keep certain paragraphs together.
Follow the steps below to format specific paragraphs to stay together:
- Position the insertion point in the first paragraph of the pair you want to keep together.
- Make sure the Home of the ribbon is displayed.
- Click the small icon at the bottom-right of the Paragraph group. Word displays the Paragraph dialog box.
- Display the Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Make sure the Keep with Next check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
Now the paragraph you selected in step one appears on the same page as the next paragraph.