Bank of America is a popular bank, and also offers online banking to manage finances online. For some reason, it can be hard to remember how to log in to your Bank of American account. Once you start banking online with Bank of America, here is how to log in to a Bank of America account:
- Type the following in your URL bar of your browser: www.bankofamerica.com. In the top left corner of the Bank of America website, you will see the location of the login username field and a dropdown to choose the state you bank in.
- Enter your Online ID and select the state from which you bank. Click “Sign In.”
- If prompted, confirm your identity by answering a security question to which you provided the answer when you first set up your online banking account. This question may be something such as, “what was your first employer?”
- On the next page, enter your Passcode to confirm that the SiteKey displayed is yours. The SiteKey and Passcode was also set up by you when you started banking online with Bank of America. Bank of America’s website says “recognizing your SiteKey image helps you know that you are at a valid Bank of America site, and that it’s safe to enter your Passcode.” If you see a SiteKey that is not yours, you have entered the wrong Online ID. Hopefully you recognize the photo and the word you associated with it.
- You will then be logged in to your Bank of America account.
If you have closed your account or there are other problems with your account, you may be directed to a page with a “Sign In Error” and prompted to contact Bank of America customer service. If you receive this error message, you will need to contact Bank of America customer service before you can log in to your Bank of America Account.