The installation process for Office 2010 is relatively simple. In fact, I must say that the installation process has definitely been streamlined since earlier versions. So much so that novice users can easily install the software. As long as your computer meets the minimum requirements, you shouldn’t run into any problems.
Regarding minimum requirements, before you install Office 2010, confirm that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum requirements defined by Microsoft. These minimum requirements include:
- Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit Office Only) / Windows Server 2008 (32 or 64 bit)
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 256 MB memory; 512 MB recommended for graphics
- 500 MHz processor
- IE6 compatible; IE7 recommended
Once you confirm that your computer meets or exceeds these requirements, you can start the installation. The installation process is outlined below.
- Double-click on the Setup.exe file to begin the installation process.
- Enter your product key.
- Read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- Select the installation you want — Install Now or Customize. The installation process begins
A window appears indicating whether the installation was a success. Click Close.