Emulate the new BlackBerry PlayBook tablet OS right on your PC with the PlayBook Simulator. This tool doesn’t have many OS features added to it just yet as it is mainly used for development purposes. It provides you an excellent feel for what the device will be like to use though.
This tutorial was done in Windows 7, but you should be able to perform similar steps in Linux, Mac, and other versions of Windows.
2. Download and install the BlackBerry PlayBook Simulator. Note the install location, which is usually C:Usersusername for Windows users.
3. Start VMWare Player.
4. Click Create a New Virtual Machine.
5. Select I will install the operating system later and click Next.
6. For both the Guest operating system and Version settings, select Other.
7. Give the image a name. Click Next.
8. Just click Next on the disk capacity settings.
9. Click Customize Hardware…
10. Set the Memory for this virtual machine to 1024MB.
11. Click the CD ROM drive. Select Use ISO image file on the right side. Click Browse… and navigate to the BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator.iso file. This is located in the installation location noted in step 2.
12. Click Display. Check Accelerate 3D graphics. Click OK.
13. Review the settings and click Finish.
14. Play the virtual machine.
15. When the image starts, it will provide you with the license agreement. Press F2 to skip to the bottom. Type Y and press Enter.
16. If everything is configured correctly, the image will install. Press Enter when it completes.
17. When the image restarts, you will have a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet simulator to run anytime you like.