If you use LinkedIn, you’ll be happy to know that you can access your professional network from within Outlook. All you have to do is download and latest Outlook Social Connector from Microsoft and download the LinkedIn Outlook Connector.
You can download the Outlook Social Connector from the Microsoft Download Center. To install the connector:
- Download the setup file by clicking the Download button, and save the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe program file to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Next, you need to download the LinkedIn Outlook Connector from http://www.linkedin.com/outlook.
- Download the setup file by clicking the Download it now button. Save the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the LinkedInOutlookConnector.exe file to start the installation.
- Click Run and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Finally, you need to restart Outlook and follow the instructions to connect Outlook to your LinkedIn account. When you’re finished, you’ll be able to use Outlook to:
- Access your LinkedIn network from Outlook.
- See who your connections are connecting with.
- See when connections update their profile.
- See profile photos of LinkedIn members who are on the email. Photos could take a few hours to appear after tool is downloaded.
- Send invitations to connect directly from Outlook.
- Access current email addresses, photos and other profile details from a folder titled LinkedIn.