If you listen to a lot of different music on your iPod touch, you may occasionally want to delete songs from your iPod touch to make room for new songs. You can either do this by deleting songs in your iTunes library and then sync your iTunes library with your iPod touch, which will automatically delete the songs from your iPod touch when you connect it with your computer and sync your iPod touch with iTunes. You can also delete songs from your iPod touch by manually deleting music by setting your iPod options to a manual setting and deleting music directly from your iPod without deleting these songs from your iTunes library. If you want to delete songs from your iPod touch, here’s how:
How to Automatically Delete Songs From Your iPod
- Open iTunes by double clicking on the “iTunes” icon on your Desktop.
- Choose “Library” on the left side of the screen. Then click “Music.”
- Choose the songs which you would like to delete from the list of music and right click on each song. Click “Delete” from the drop-down menu that appears to delete each song.
- You can also delete songs from playlists. To do this, go to the bottom of the left column of the iTunes screen and choose “Playlists.” Click on a playlist that includes a song you want to delete. Then, delete the song on the list.
- To delete songs from your iPod touch, you will have to sync your iPod touch with iTunes. Connect your iPod touch to your computer and iTunes will automatically sync your iPod touch to reflect the changes, removing any songs on the iPod touch that you deleted from iTunes.
How to Manually Delete Songs from Your iPod
- Connect your iPod touch to your computer and then open iTunes.
- Select the “Options” menu in iTunes and choose the third option “Manually manage music” by checking the box next to it. You will be asked if you are sure you want to manually manage music on your iPod Touch. Click “OK.”
- Then, go to “Devices” on the far left column of iTunes. You will see your iPod’s name directly underneath. Click on the arrow next to your iPod touch’s name, which will then rotate until it is pointing down with a dropdown menu with all your songs listed.
- To manually manage your music and delete a song, click on a category or playlist, and then choose the song that you would like to delete and right click on it. Then click “Delete” from the drop-down menu that appears to delete the song from your iPod touch.