Mobile Usage Information:
- Addresses of Web sites you visit when using our wireless service. These data strings (or URLs) may include search terms you have used
- Location of your device (“Location Information”)
- App and device feature usage
- Information about your use of Verizon products and services (such as data and calling features, device type, and amount of use)
- Demographic and interest categories provided to us by other companies, such as gender, age range, sports fan, frequent diner, or pet owner (“demographics”)
Here’s how to opt out:
First, log on to your account on the Verizon Web site at VerizonWireless.com and then go to vzw.com/myprivacy with your account logged in. You can also call 1-866-211-0874 if you prefer to talk to a real person about this. On the Privacy Settings page, scroll down to the table below, and make sure your number is set to Don’t use my information for aggregate reports.
Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you’ll see a similar chart. Like the one above, make sure your phone number is set to Don’t use my demographic info for banners. Finally, click Save Changes.